How do I handle my property damage claim after a car accident?

Depending on what type of automobile insurance you have, you may be able to simply report the accident to your insurance company and they will repair your car. If you have the right coverage, your insurance company will pay for the repairs and then seek repayment from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Your insurance company will then have what is known as a subrogation lien against the at fault driver’s insurance company for the property damage. On the other hand, if you do not have adequate coverage, you will have to report the accident directly to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. This is usually a longer process, and often the insurance company may dispute liability or costs of repair. If our office handles your personal injury claim, we will help you with your property damage claim for no additional charge.